October 2018 - 3 day tour #115/10/2018 - 17/10/2018
- Arrival transfer service from The Athens Airport (El. Venizelos) to your hotel in Athens
- Private transfers with A/C Motor Coach (All ground based transfers)
- Licensed English speaking guide
- Sightseeing in Athens, Corinth
- 3 overnights in Athens on Half board basis
- All entrance fees (archaeological sites, museums etc)
- All local taxes
- 2 bottles of water per day (per person)
- Travel Insurance (see faq for details)
- A representative from “Christian Bible Tours” will accompany the tour
What's Not Included
- Air tickets
- Personal expenses (shopping etc)
- Tips (Guide/ driver/hotel stuff/representative of CBTours office)
- Meals outside your hotel's package
- Single room supplement €40 per person per night
- Any additional taxes that may be implemented by your Government
- Any additional taxes that may be implemented by the Greek Government after the tour arrangements have been finalised
- Liquor/ Laundry
Monday 15th of October 2018: Arrival in Athens
Welcome to Athens!
You will be met at the airport, on arrival, and transferred to your hotel. Take the remaining time of the day to discover Athens! An amazing city rich with history and mythology, enlivened by bustling outdoor cafes and pedestrian streets that wind through the city's archaeological sites.
Overnight stay in Athens.
Thuesday 16th of October 2018: Athens sightseeing
(Acts 17:16-34)"Now while Paul waited for them at Athens, his spirit was stirred in him, when he saw the city wholly given to idolatry..."
In the morning we will begin our sightseeing tour of Athens, which includes the house of parliament, the ancient olympic stadium (a.k.a. Kallimarmaron, Panathenaic Stadium), the temple of Zeus and the Hellenic Academy.
We will then go to the Acropolis hill and visit the world famous Parthenon and the Erechtheion. We will continue to the nearby Ares Rock (Areopagus - Mars Hill) where Ap. Paul gave his well known sermon (Acts 17:16-34). On this historic place, having a very good view of the modern city of Athens, we will have the possibility of prayer for Greece.
Our day's tour will end with a visit to the new Acropolis museum. The Acropolis Museum is an archaeological museum focused on the findings of the archaeological site of the Acropolis of Athens. The museum was built to house every artifact found on the rock and on the surrounding slopes, from the Greek Bronze Age to Roman and Byzantine Greece. It also lies over the ruins of a part of Roman and early Byzantine Athens. It has been honored ranking as the 11th in the world and 8th top museum in Europe!
Free afternoon. Overnight stay in Athens.
Wednesday 17th of October 2018: Corinth sightseeing
We will leave Athens for Corinth early in the morning (Acts 18:1-8). Once there, we will begin our tour with the "Canal" and explain, in detail, why Corinth was such a wealthy center in the days of Ap. Paul.
We will then see the "Erastus" inscription and talk about its meaning, its background story and its role in the history of Ap. Paul in Corinth (Romans 16:23).
Afterwards, we will visit the archaeological site and walk through the Roman forum where the "Bema", otherwise known as the judgement seat of Gallio, is situated. We will talk about head covering, women in the church, and "the fountain of living waters", presenting you with details and little known facts.
We will then visit "acro-Corinth", where we will talk in depth about its history and its meaning for the ancient world.
Lastly, we will go to Kechries (Cenchreae), the eastern port of ancient Corinth at the church of which Phoebe was the deaconess (Romans 16:1).
Return to Athens. Overnight stay in Athens.
Click here to reserve 1 or more positions *